Wireless Control, Astounding results.
- To learn more about the Kuhl Difference click here or go to each section below.
- Kuhl Control.
Kuhl control means total freedom for the person on the go. Operate your Kuhl from wherever you are using a smartphone, computer or tablet. No more worrying about last minute schedule changes or forgetting to adjust the temperature on your way out. Unexpected heat waves no longer mean walking in to an uncomfortable home and Fido and Fluffy are protected too. You can even save money on your electric bill by eliminating waste.
Control also means access to built-in energy management schedules as well as the ability to customize multiple 7-day programs to fit your lifestyle.
And, Kuhl is the first Smart Grid enabled room air conditioner.
- FriedrichLink .
FriedrichLink is the program that lets you access and control your K hl unit remotely from your smartphone, computer or mobile device. On FriedrichLink you can register your unit and then create schedules, make adjustments, set utility functions and even group multiple units for more centralized control.
- Smart Grid Capable.
Kuhl is the first room air conditioner to be Smart Grid capable. Smart Grid is a network that brings electricity from power stations to consumers using new technologies that allow power companies to adjust electrical loads of residential users. Check with your local electric company to learn more about Smart Grid programs in your area.
- Kuhl Construction.
For over 125 years, Friedrich products have been renowned for their commercial-grade, built-to-last design. Advanced engineering, high-end materials and components, and rigorous product testing are just a few examples of Friedrich's commitment to quality. When designing Kuhl, our engineers challenged convention to develop the very best window air conditioner on the market. Kuhl incorporates high-end materials like heavy-gauge galvanized steel, rifled copper tubing, and high-tech aluminum fins. Kuhl also uses the most durable components to extend the life of your air conditioner, including fully enclosed fan motors that seal out dirt, and powerful, energy-efficient compressors, which make Kuhl as tough an air conditioner as we've ever built.
- Kuhl Quiet.
Kuhl has been engineered for quiet operation. Materials have been chosen because of their sound-absorption properties and every moving part has been braced and insulated. For example, extra thick rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside, while steel inner walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise. Rugged hardboard side panels help reduce noise and keep out light. The unique air path is more streamlined, drawing air through the sides, away from moving parts. And our larger discharge vents allow for smoother airflow, delivering maximum conditioned air quietly.
- Kuhl Purity.
Kuhl's advanced dual-stage filtration system removes allergens, odors, ozone and other impurities from the air. By combining the optional carbon filter with the standard antimicrobial filter, Kuhl achieves lab-tested superior air filtration with ratings as high as MERV 6. Use the fresh-air vent and the exhaust vent for additional air-quality control.
When both vents are closed, Kuhl cleans and conditions the air in your space. Open the fresh-air vent and Kuhl purifies and conditions a moderate amount of outdoor air along with the air in your room. Use the exhaust vent to release stale air and odors outside.
- Kuhl Comfort.
The most comfortable temperature is the one you never notice. K hl uses four built-in environmental sensors to more accurately monitor indoor and outdoor temperatures so that it can maintain your ideal settings.
Kuhl models have the ability to cool or heat as needed so units can operate year-round. And, like the most advanced central systems, Kuhl has four sensors, which allows the unit to automatically switch between air conditioning and heating functions to maintain the desired comfort level. You won't have to lift a finger.
Plus, Kuhl's air flow systems are tested for powerful and precise air distribution which means faster cooling when you need it most.
• Cobalt Blue
• Pink Diamond
• Classic Beige
• Black Onyx
• Designer White Kuhl Colors.
Kuhl's streamlined modern design in Cool Grey can blend in with any d'cor. Or coordinate a look that complements your space by using any of the six colored front covers (sold separately) including Deep Red, Cobalt Blue, Pink Diamond, Classic Beige, Black Onyx and Designer White .
- Kuhl Efficiency.
Kuhl operates up to 20% more efficiently than many competitive units, delivering more cooling capacity while using less energy. Further, some models meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® guidelines. Kuhl uses R-410A refrigerant, and all models even adhere to strict European RoHS requirements. Being energy efficient is better for the planet as well as your wallet.
Ready to get comfortable" Locate your nearest Friedrich dealer to experience Kuhl for yourself and find the model that best suits your needs. Can't wait to start looking" Review specifications for our full range of Kuhl models to discover the best unit for your room size.Intelligent Design.
You've never met a window air conditioner as smart as Kuhl. Everything about Kuhl has been engineered to lead the category. Even Kuhl's features are head turners. See for yourself.Available as cooling-only, heat pump, or cooling + electric heat•Comfort and Convenience
- Control your unit from your smartphone, computer or tablet (requires optional KWIFI accessory)
- Create customized 7-day schedules (requires optional KWIFI accessory
- 24-hour timer
- Group units for zone or centralized control using FriedrichLink (requires optional KWIFI accessory)
- 4 cooling and fan speeds*
- Automatic fan speed adjustment
- Auto-changeover on heat pumps and models with electric heat**
- Comfortwatch technology samples the air to more accurately maintain the set temperature
- 8-way airflow control
- Display set point or room temperature
- LCD panel auto dims when not in use
- Nightlight mode
* SL25, SL28 & SL36, heat pumps and models with electric heat have a 3-speed fan.
**excludes SQ and/or EQ modelsDurability
- Scratch resistant, painted 20-gauge steel cabinet resists corrosion and rust
- Solid sleeve top keeps out falling debris*
- Solid steel blower wheel housing
- Commercial grade fan motor run at lower temps for longer life
- Fan motor is totally enclosed for maximum protection
- Exclusive aluminum rear grille protects against vandalism and damage
- Firm grip handles for easier installation and maintenance
- Aluminum endplates prevent rust
- Solid steel base pans and inner walls*
- Robust construction does not rely on outer sleeve for support
*excludes SQ & EQ modelsSound Reduction Technology
- Extra thick rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside, while steel inner walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise
- Unique airflow path minimizes operating sound
- Larger discharge vents allow conditioned air to move more quietly
- Can be installed in window or thru-the-wall (depending on wall thickness)
- Slideout chassis design, including firm grip handles, makes installation and maintenance much easier
- Rugged hardboard side panels allow for a more permanent installation*
- Front cover designed to allow power cord to exit left or right out of the unit
- Heavy-duty installation hardware
- Front cover attaches easily and securely; nut driver included
- Powercord can run left or right for more installation options
*SQ and EQ have heavy duty side curtainsSuperior Filtration
•Safety and Security Features
- Advanced dual-stage carbon superior filtration system removes allergens, odors, ozone and other impurities from the air
- In lab testing, combining the the optional carbon filter with the standard antimicrobial filter achieved a superior air filtration rating of MERV 6
- Fresh air and exhaust vents offer additional air quality control
- Maintenance made easy by hinged filter door access and a check filter reminder
•Energy Management & Compliance
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection prevents kick-in by securing the unit in the sleeve; a protective rear grille shields the unit
- Insect barrier keeps out smaller intruders
- LCDI power cord
- Protective rear grille
•Unique Digital Control System
- Smart Grid Capable
- Two optional energy management schedules
- Auto Fan mode saves money by conserving energy
- R-410A refrigerant
- RoHS compliant
- ENERGY STAR® qualified models, including Heat Pumps
- Recyclable packaging
•Accessories (Sold Seperately)
- Precision control over all Kuhl's functions
Kuhl + Air Conditioner + heat
- 6 colored front cover options
- 3 pack of premium carbon filters
- Window installation kit
For spaces needing heat in addition to cooling, we offer Kuhl+ Electric Heat and Kuhl+ Heat Pump models. Kuhl+ has all the features of Kuhl with these heating benefits:
- Heating and cooling for rooms 100-2700 square feet, depending on unit capacity
- Fully programmable heating mode
- 3 speed settings each for fan, cooling and heating modes
- Auto-changeover mode switches between cooling and heating automatically
- Heat Pump models use reverse cycle operation to efficiently heat, using approximately 1/3 of the energy used by electric heater models in temperatures above 39° F
|Cooling Capacity (Btu/hr)
|Heating Capacity (Btu/hr)
|Energy Star Qualified
|Min. Extension Into Room
|Min. Extension Outside
|Max. wall depth
|Depth to Louvers
||625 cubic feet per minute
|Est. Yearly Operating Costs
|Operating Temperatures (Cooling, °F)
|Operating Temperatures (Heating, °F)
||AHAM, UL, cUL
|Remote Thermostat Compatible
Window/wall Air Conditioner
Energy Star Rated:
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
Some can even cover extra costs that result, such as cost of food that spoils when your fridge dies.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.