Quiet, Easy to Field Modify, Powerful
Engineered for quieter performance, the Friedrich PTAC features a tangential blower wheel, universal heater options, and modular component design for easier service.
Hotels focused on maximizing room revenues and minimizing guest complaints buy Friedrich PTAC:
2-year parts and labor warranty
•Sound reduction technology for quiet operation
•Separate thermostat limits for cooling and heating modes
•Dehumidification mode removes up to 3.2 pts per hour
•Diamonblue ™ Advanced Corrosion Protection on coils
•Cooling (7700-15000 Btu) and Heating (6300-13300 Btu)
•All models fit standard 42-inch sleeves (no baffle kit)
Friedrich PTACs are known for being feature-rich and backed by an AC-focused manufacturer. Our new models build on these strengths, with advanced engineering that delivers impressively quiet performance with expanded comfort settings.
Here are just some of the enhanced features:
- Reduced sound levels: The two-motor design - one motor inside, one outside - allows the indoor motor to run at slower speeds, which sharply reduces indoor sound levels. Plus, the motors are permanently lubricated for quieter operation and increased durability.
- More comfort choices, quieter operation: Our 3-speed fan (cooling and heating modes) has nearly five times the surface area of a typical PTAC fan, allowing for more uniform airflow over a wider path. The result is faster, more even air distribution and quieter airflow. Guests/residents will appreciate having more comfort options. Plus, the soft start/stop fan delay reduces transitional noise usually associated with compressor start-up.
- Increased energy savings: Models have EERs up to 12.0 and COPs up to 3.4. Separate thermostat limits for cooling and heating provide greater control over temperature ranges. Of course, centralized desk control and compatibility with energy management systems can boost efficiency and lower operational costs.
- A universal heater/power cord simplifies installation, ordering: Installers can change the heat output simply by changing the standard power cord to the desired size. The optional cords connect as easily as a phone jack. Distributors can stock fewer PTAC models and optional power cords instead of numerous PTAC models. (Note: All wiring and building connections must be properly sized to accommodate the power cord. See model specifications for details.
Plus, all capacities can fit standard 42-inch sleeves without the added expense of a baffle kit*.
* Sleeves are sold and shipped separately to accommodate new construction and replacement requirements. Available in cooling-only and cooling plus heat pump models
- Cooling from: 7700-15000 Btu
- Heating: 6300-13300 Btu
- Comfort & Dehumidification
- Quieter operation
- Intuitive controls
- Even heat monitoring checks room temperature and automatically adds a heat boost if necessary
- Separate thermostat settings (limiting) for cooling and heating nodes
- Samples the room temperature every 9 minutes to monitor and maintain desired temperature
- "Instant Heat" in heat pump mode quickly heats a room to the desired temperature
- Dehumidification mode removes up to 3.2 pts per hour
- Optional constant fan mode for additional comfort options
- Reversible indoor air louvers for an additional airflow direction option
- Sound Reduction Technology
- New 2-motor design allows the indoor motor to run at slower speeds, which reduces indoor sound levels
- The quiet, efficient compressor is mounted on vibration isolators, which absorb vibration-causing noise
- Permanently lubricated dual motors reduce noise
- New elongated fan moves air over a wider area so it's quieter
- Fan turns on before the compressor starts to muffle the sound
- High-density insulation helps keep outdoor noise outside
- Diamonblue Technology advanced anti-corrosion protection protects the outdoor coil against deterioration and extends unit life, especially in harsh coastal environments
- Faultless surehold Front cover system attaches securely
- Room Freeze Protection initiates heat if room temperature falls to 40 °F in an unoccupied room
- Random compressor resistant protects
- Stainless Steel endplates on both indoor and outdoor coil
- Indoor coil frost sensor protects the compressor
- Durable front panel with break-proof control door and design
- Permanently lubricated fan motors
- Tamper-resistant grille
- Durable, powder coat paint finish
- Health and IAQ
- Fresh-air vent
- Two washable, antimicrobial filters
- Energy Usage: Management
- Increase or decrease electric heat output by changing the power cord
- Set separate heat and cool range limits
- Desk control ready
- Energy Management System Compatible
- Electronic defrost control
- Maintenance and Installation Features
- Service error code storage
- May be installed flush with floor
- Reversible indoor air louvers
- Improved weather barrier
- Nationwide Service Network
- Modular design and pop out wiring modules
- Environmentally friendly R-410A refrigerant used in all models
- Over 40 premium standard features is like getting a free upgrade
- Fits other PTAC sleeves without a baffle kit for easy replacement of other units
- Super quiet
- Diamonblue Technology is advanced corrosion protection that protects the outdoor coil against deterioration and extends the life of the unit, especially in harsh coastal environments
- Energy Control features like separate heat and cool range limits
- Guest-pleasing features like optional remote control operation, remote thermostat operation, constant comfort room monitoring, quiet start/stop delay to reduce transitional noise, an ultraquiet air system with a low/sleep setting that is noticeably quieter than other brands, and air quality enhancing antimicrobial filters
- Easy servicability features that engineering and maintenance staffs will appreciate including single motor design, service error code storage, top-mounted air filters, and emergency heat override protection
- Designed for longer product life with tamper-resistant grille, enclosed clamshell motor and dual thumbscrews, corrosion-resistant aluminum endplates, indoor coil frost sensor to protect compressor and much more
|Cooling Capacity (Btu/hr)
|Heating Capacity (Btu/hr)
|Front Cover Height
|Front Cover Width
|Front Cover Depth
|Dimensions With Package
|Fan Motor Horsepower
|Max . Total Draw/Fuse Breaker
|Plug Face (NEMA #)
|Power Cord Length
||265 cubic feet per minute
|Est. Yearly Operating Costs
|Indoor CFM, High
|Indoor CFM, Med
|Indoor CFM, Low
|R-410A Charge (oz)
|Sensible Heat Ratio
Energy Star Rated:
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
Some can even cover extra costs that result, such as cost of food that spoils when your fridge dies.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.